There is no conference hotel, as we found that the deals we would get could not compete with using any of the large hotel booking web sites.
All conference activities will happen slightly outside the city centre (see venues). There are no hotels in that area, so the best option is to choose a hotel in the city centre, and take the metro up to the campus (see travel in Oslo). VisitOslo can be a starting point for locating different hotels. Here are some suggestions for cheap(er) accomodation:
- Thon Hotel Munch (~700 NOK). Budget hotel in the city centre. Closest metro: Nationaltheatret
- Comfort Hotel Xpress (~680 NOK). Trendy budget hotel in the city centre. Closest metro: Stortinget
- Perminalen (~600 NOK). Budget hotel in the city centre. Closest metro: Stortinget
- Cochs pensjonat (~400-600 NOK) is a guest house next to the Royal palace, 15min to walk from the Music academy. Closest metro: Nationaltheatret
- Anker hostel (~280-750 NOK) is a youth hostel but also offers private twin rooms. Closest metro: Jernbanetorget / Oslo Central Station
- Haraldsheim (~250-500 NOK) is a youth hostel but also offers single/double rooms. It is located outside of the city centre, but with easy access to the metro at Sinsen.